The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: 5 reasons why the trailer leaves us yearning for the Amazon Prime Video series
Amazon Prime Video recently dropped the trailer of its most-anticipated fantasy series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’ and that has only excited fantasy enthusiasts! From breathtaking visuals to the worldbuilding packed with new species, the trailer is a treat to fans. Here are the top 5 reasons that make the trailer eye-grabbing and have left everyone curious for September 2, 2022.
- Explore ‘Second Age’ with a Fresh Cast: The trailer takes viewers on a stroll of Middle-earth Second Age through an all-new cast. Benjamin Walker as High King Gil-galad, Morfydd Clark as Galadriel, Robert Aramayo as Elrond, Owain Arthur as Prince Durin IV, and so many more represent the worlds of the varied creatures. The cast is bigger and better than anyone could have imagined. Bringing some fresh talent to the table, these actors have certainly raised expectations.
- Mystery of Harfoots and Hunters: Filled with several species and creatures, the trailer has left fans wondering about the Harfoots and the Winged Nomad Hunters. Related to the Hobbits, the Harfoots are a special species of the clan, who dress in similar fashion and stand strong together. On the other hand, not much is known about the ‘winged nomad hunters,’ but they brutally prey on others with sharp objects. It’s evident that the Second Age contains messed-up chimeric creations, and it would be fun to see how they take the fantasy drama ahead.
- Good VS Evil, and Sauron’s return – The battle to get hold of the ‘One Ring’ and become powerful continues in this OTT original series. The approach is different, but reaching the final destination is not an easy road. As the good tries to conquer, the evil forces open their wings wider to create trouble. The biggest danger comes with the Dark Lord Sauron’s return. Yes, he’s returning, and the trailer has hinted at his first glimpse too. Only time will tell the havoc he will create in Middle-earth!
- Galadriel’s long-fought journey – It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say, ‘Galadriel seems to be the hero of the series.’ Played by Morfydd Clark, the Amazon Original series taps into her life and journey. From traveling to Numenor to suspecting Sauron’s arrival to destroy, she goes through it all to reach the final destination. Be it her fighting spirit, wisdom, anger, or the do-die attitude, Galadriel is out there to rule. The armor-clad warrior has an eye to understand true intentions, and perhaps, it might result in some epic showdowns.
- The Secret Fire Connection – While fans are ready for evil battles among creatures, the fire magic comes out of the syllabus. Fire across the sky to the flaming man, the series drops hints of bigger mysteries. Who’s on fire? Who sent the burning catapult missile? What’s the link of fire with the Second Age? These unsolved questions have increased the eagerness to the hilt to know what’s actually happening and enjoy the visual spectacle.
Led by showrunners and executive producers J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power will stream in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. So, are you excited to visit Middle-earth with Amazon Prime Video?